I have been sewing since I was about 9 years old and began sewing blankets for children with sensory needs after working in a speech and OT clinic for 9 years. Primarily, I sew weighted blankets for people who like the feeling of weight on their body, including people with autism spectrum disorders, PTSD anxiety, sleep issues and Parkinson’s.
Click on the red circle in the black bar above for product information. You can find some samples of my work below. If you would like to inquire about having something made, here’s what you need to know…
- E-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include the user’s color preference (and weight and height if you are ordering a blanket)
- I sew blankets out of fleece, which is the most durable as well as cozy and warm.
- Blankets are filled with aquarium stones and can be gently machine washed and air-dried.
- Your blanket will be ready in 2 weeks or less.
- I can ship anywhere in the US and use Priority boxes (cheapest, fastest method for shipping these heavy blankets).
I love sewing and hope that I can make you or someone you know happy!
Thanks- Lynda Zarrow